Monday 13 July 2009

Welcome aboard!

Portuguese (6):

Ana Carolina

Hi!
I´m Carolina, I´m 26, and I´m studying to be a nurse.
I live in Leiria, but I´m from Cartaxo, a small city near from Santarém. I had already in Psychology University but I don´t finished up. I had practiced already in volunteering in older people home and from my 12 years old to my 18 years old I have made part of Scouts - CNE. Since my 18 years old I have made part of some groups, like GAJIC (Group of youth Action of the Cartaxo Church), another like church youth chorus and more recently in another one not religious. At this moment, sometimes when I go to Cartaxo and when I have some time I go to a music group which I identify to. I had some experiences in many jobs, more recently an experience in an army recruit. My hobbies are run, to walk, to ride on bicycle, playing volley, to watch a movie, to be with my friends talking or doing anything else, to travel when I have time for that, reading, to be at the church, some Sundays, and, of course, GBU.
My purposes to this project is to enlarge my vision to know what I want to do after the graduation, to share my experiences with people, to meet people and share experiences and knowlegements with them, to get more knowlegements, to be with the other in a more deeper way and to be with me in a more deeper way too. To meet me and to meet God.
I really think that it will be a great opportunity to many students to have fun and evolute at a superior level of behavior and knowledgement.


Ana Marta

Hi Dear Friends!
I’m Ana Marta and I’ve 22 years old. I’m from many places, here in Portugal, like Palmela, Santa Maria da Feira, Lisboa… but I’m living in Leiria, where I study! I have some expectations about this Project, It is a project than i can contribute with my academic learning, and a opportunity to "know" NGO's and their projects and I think that it will be a great experience. It is a great oportunity to know a new culture.
Now… What can I say about myself?
I am a quiet person. I like to meet new people. I love to paint and draw. To read a good book and listening to music. But mostly I enjoy being with my friends, cooking and being around the table to talk or just to listen.
And finally, I’m in the last year, or even better, in the last month studying to be a Social Educator.

Marta Santos
marta.ana.santos@gmail.com




Andreia Santos

Hello!
My name is Andreia Santos and I’ve 18 years old.
I’m from Lisboa but I’m living in Santa Maria da Feira.
I’m studding Social Education in a Secondary School and I’m in the 12th year.
My favorite hobbies are: watching movies, listening to music, surf in the Internet, reading, going out with my friends, horse riding and dreaming.
My favorite book is " Nights in Rodanthe"
At the end of my 9th year I decided to attend the course in Social Education, because I want to work in the social area.
I will continue my studies and my first choice is Social Education in the Education School of Porto or Santarém.
I’m very excited with the Connecting the Dots, because it will be a challenge for me.
I think this event can be quite relevant to my personal training because there is a wide exchange of experiences and many opportunities to share our faith.





Filipa Anselmo

Hello everybody!
My name is Filipa Anselmo and I’m 19 years old. I’m living in Caneças.
I’m in the first year of degree in Sociology, in Lisbon I’m working with lacking children and adolescents how volunteer, where we talk about Jesus, God and many other things and we have an opportunity of helping lives and it make me feel realised.
I’ve some expectation about the Exchange Project and I think it will be a great and interesting experience.
I’m a quiet person and it’s difficult to me to talk very much. I like to read and listening music. I love to play piano.





Filipe Franco

Name: Filipe Franco, born in LeiriaStudies: Material Engeneer, from Aveiro 2 nd year
What I like to do? I like play guitar, go out with friends, go to the beach , see a good movie.
Something interesting about me? I am a nice person that don´t likes appears in front of public.
Why I decided to participate in this Project? I want to met and known the Bulgarian culture, and have the desire the diferents projects, especially “A Rocha”. I want to aprofundize my English.



José Pereira

Greetings gentleman, ladies!
My name is José or if you find it easier for you: Zé. I am living a little far to the north of Portugal - Viseu.
I think this is gonna be fun! Sounds very interesting from the start!
So about me: I am a kind of passionate in this life. I am really enjoying this chance of expiriencing life and, of course, as many of you noticed already theres alot goin on which is really wrong! And who else better than us to talk, explore and find solutions for so many issues of our societies? We are the future! Renovation is the key word for this life.
I've been studying Plastic Arts and Multimedia at Superior School of Education of Santarém, I was born loving arts and human expression!
Let's enjoy this few days and hope they will grow nice fruits!

José Pereira
jpereira88@hotmail.com
http://lostnature.blogspot.com/




Luis Afonso


Hello!
My name is Luís, i’m 24 years old and my native land its a coutryside area of Portugal, called Alto Alentejo.I have a degree in social work and i love work with people to empower them.The Connecting Dot its a challange that Tiago made to me and i said OK. I hope that i can learn interesting things for my professional life and for improving me as a active citizen and person. I´m in love with philosophy and in this moment i consider myself as a Humanist.

Kisses and Hugs,
Luís Afonso


Ricardo Rufino

Hello everyone :)
My name is Ricardo Rufino and I am 25 years old. I´m from Lisbon but live in the nearby area. I am in the final year of degree in Social Policy, in Lisbon. Interestingly, the first option when I was applying to the college was International Relations, due to the possibility of knowing and working with people of other cultures. It didn´t take long time to like the degree that I am now about to end, because I realized that I can keep this desire of intercultural dialogue and social development. This is one of the subjects i wanna keep track with. Thankfully, the opportunity came before I leave college. This is the first time I participate in an exchange such as this. Therefore, I'm excited about the participation and don´t wanna miss it. I think we all are.Moreover, I really look forward to know you and ear what God is making in bulgarian universities, through you. It is also a pleasure to host you. It will be, without a doubt, a beautiful experience.

I really like ice hockey (something unusual to a portuguese) and listen to music whenever I can. Dave Matthews Band, Jeff Buckley and Héber Marques (portuguese christian musician) are among my favourites. Sometimes I tend to talk to much (sorry) :)

Até breve (до скоро виждане)
Skype: ricardolrufino
http://www.facebook.com/ricardolrufino
MSN: ricardolrufino@hotmail.com




Bulgarian (8):

Desislava Mincheva

Name: Dessy Rey /Desislava Mincheva/
Studies: Interior design.
What do I like to do? Most of all I love visual arts and I love doing everything related with them :) Something interesting about me? I like communicating and making friends all around the world. Also I'm an owner of jewellery, home and wedding decoration company.And I love my job :)
Why did I decide to particpate in the Project? I like the multicultural dialogue projects. I think this one is very interesting, because the aim is really important in the time we live and in today's society. We are going to observe the way the dots are connecting and С think it's great idea to see how both countries are working in order to solve the problems in particular area, so we can exchange ideas and learn from the experience of the others.



Dimitar Petrov

Name: Dimitar Petrov
Studies: Economics of Trade and Law
What do I like to do? Searching, reading and downloading brand new information on Internet. Read books, doing sports, meet friends. I like to travel in new places, to try new things. I like fresh fruits and good teas.
Something interesting about me? I consider myself as a positive and sincere person. I am enthusiastic about taking up new challenges in life. Friendly and joyful I want to make a new connection whit other people. It will be nice to meet with you and to spend a very good time together.
Why did I decide to participate in the Project? I am very interested in healthy lifestyles and organic agriculture. My team found two such organizations that we intend to present. I want to meet the problems in the NGO health organization in Bulgaria, and I want to know if I can aid to their work and project. I want to make new contacts and to visit Portugal for first time. I think that the project in Portugal will be very useful experience for me.



Gergana Ormanova

Hello!!
My name is Gerry. I am an artist. I am third year interior design student. I used to work as a florist, now I'm wrapping presents for living. I like to paint, listen to music ( I like the fado by the way!), walk in the parks, ride a bike... the theatre and the books are my escape place. I like the nature to be just as God created it. I Love The sea and everything related to it (but I can't swim.. strange, huh?).I hope this project will be useful for everyone to realize how much we can really do to make this world better treated. I know we'll have great time together, let's take the most of it! :)



Gloria Petrova

Hallo from Bulgaria!
My name is Gloria Petrova. I live in Stara Zagora- the town of the linden, poets and the right streets. It is located in the central part of the Rose Valley of Bulgaria.
I am 3th year student of law. I love dancing. Every holiday I travel with my family or my friends to historical sites, landmarks and exotic places.
For me it will be very interesting to learn more about the Portugal life as a country of EU. I am very happy to be part of this project. I hope we will learn more about each other and we will have a good time together. I will be glad to make a friendship with many young people!!!



Hristina Yadkova


Name: Hristina Yadkova
Studies: I study marketing, 2nd year.
What do I like to do? I love acting, snowboarding, playing the piano, going out with my crazy friends and course enjoying the company of my big family . =)
Something interesting about me? My dreams don't have boundaries, they always want the impossible!
Why did I decide to particpate in the Project? It will be extremely interesting for me to meet people at my age from different country and share ideas, projects and a lot more.



Neli Sarafova

Name:Neli Sarafova
Studies: tourism in International business school of education - Botevgrad
What do I like to do? swimming, dancing, travelling abroad, nature, meeting new people, listening to R&B music
Something interesting about me? I'm interested in theatre, adventure books and films.
Why did I decide to particpate in the Project? I decide to participate in the Project because of learning more interesting and social problems refere to our life style, practising my english, meeting different culture and people, go sightseeing...:)




Nina Mihaylova

Hi, everybody!
My name is Nina Mihaylova.I`m 21 years old and i live in Razlog- a small mountain town, situated in the south- western part of Bulgaria.I love dancing and travelling.I`m studying law for the 3th year now.It`s a big pleasure for me being a part of this project, because it`s a great oppotunity to learn a lot new interesting things and to make new friendships. I hope it will be an unforgettable experience for of us!





Samuel Zacharinov Lazarov

Name: Samuel Zacharinov Lazarov
Studies: for Civil Engeneer in the University of Architecture, Civil Engeneering and Geodesy, Sofia
What do I like to do?: I love to develop my physical, mental, spiritual and social skills. I like sports, reading books, drawing, playing musical instruments, although I’m a beginner, going out with friends, traveling around the world and visiting new places.
Something interesting about me?: I am a faithful Christian and I am born in a strong Christian family. My family is big – I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. I am the oldest one. My sister after me is two years younger than me, and my little brother is 18 years younger than me. I love my family and I’m proud with my parents and their decision to grow up 6 children. It is a great responsibility to provide to all of your children good food, shelter, physical and spiritual education. So that’s why I admire my parents. I don’t know someday will I dare to have 6 children but I definetly want to raise more than 2.
Why did I decide to participate in the Project?: Because I’ve never been to a project like this before and I love the challenges and trying new stuff. Also the topics of this project are interesting for me, so that’s another motive of mine.







Coordenators

Bulgarian (2):

Tsvety Gancheva

I am Tsvety Gancheva. Although I will feel like a student forever, I have already graduated from Public policy (CEU, Budapest) and European Studies (Sofia Univeristy).
What I am really fond of is travelling and discovering the world. God has created such an awesome planet and wonderful people from all nations which I want to get to know.
I love visiting beautiful cities, nature and emersing into different cultures.
The dances are my passion, especially the salsa.

I participate in the project for a simple reason – we were cool team of people which did their best to make it happen. It is a project for you, students, and we want you to make the most of it.
I am eager to spend inforgetable time with all of you in Portugal. See you in Lisbon!




Tsvetelina Ilieva

Name: Tsvetelina Ilieva
Studies: English Language and Literature Graduate
What do I like? I like my friends and family, long walks, books, music, movies, cherries...
Something interesting about me? Where do I start... :)
Why did I decide to participate in the Project? It's an opportunity to meet fun people, and do something
useful all at once. I hope to have a good laugh, be surprised, learn and in the process discover what are some of the real problems facing our local communities, and how we can reach out to tackle those.





Portuguese (2):

Susana Calado

hi everyone,
I'm Susana and I work with Tiago within the GBUP staff.

I'm married to Miguel and soon will be a mom of a boy, Gabriel. I also live with a few pets around :-)
I enjoy reading, music, crafts, Moroccan tea and fall asleep listening the ocean
I was part of the previous joint project (BCSU and GBUP) in 2002 as a student and I'm looking forward to host a bulgarian team in Portugal this time!

There are several things I'm enjoing about coordinating this project: the intercultural and the community responsability we will be working on; meaning, we won't be talking just about some notions or abstract concepts, will be talking about people, real people and lifestyles.

I hope we all can be challenged.



Tiago Carmona

Hello!
My name is Tiago Carmona, 24 years old, social worker, living in Lisbon and working with GBU.
I’m friends dependent and I like to know other cultures, travel and question everything. Sports are my favorite hobby.
It’s being a pleasure to collaborate with other coordinators in preparation of “Connecting Dots” and I’m really motivated to be with you on next days. I expect to learn many things about Bulgarian culture and about good ways to be effective in development of my local community.

See you soon,
Tiago Carmona

tiagocarmona@gbu.pt



No comments: